Before the first hair removal session, you should know the following: You must not have epilated or waxed in the past three months.
Stop shaving in time for treatment:
- Face: stop 4 days before treatment
- Genital area: stop 7 days before treatment
After your hair removal session, be sure to remember the following:
- For quick and effective recovery, apply our aftercare cream.
- Don’t use makeup during the first 48 hours. Makeup can lead to infections and pimples.
- Avoid anything that can irritate the skin during the first 48 hours.
- For the first 48 hours, avoid activities that stimulate blood flow. We're talking about sports activities, but also: saunas, hot baths, tanning beds, jacuzzis and steam treatments.
- Cool your face. When cooling the face, the cold temperature restricts blood flow and causes blood vessels to constrict. It can also help reduce any bruising.
The skin reaction after electrolysis treatment:
- Sunburn sensation - Expect the treated area to feel like a sunburn.
- Redness and swelling - Redness and swelling are caused by blood vessels in the skin expanding to increase blood flow. This helps repair damage to the body and dispose of waste material as quickly as possible. Redness can be counteracted by applying cool, wet compresses.
- Bruising - Occasionally, one or more small bruises may appear in the treated area. Arinica cream can speed up the healing process.
- Irritation - Sometimes, and especially with dry skin, the area can become irritated. The symptoms: itching, redness or an eczema-like reaction are all degrees of the same skin irritation. This reaction can be minimized or prevented in advance by applying moisturizer daily, between treatments, to the area where the electrode will be placed. Treatment with a mild steroid cream such as hydrocortisone 0.5% can help soothe the skin.
Did you know you can combine your Facial Feminization Surgery with a breast augmentation? Contact us for more information!
First and foremost, I would like to thank Dr. O. Beckers and Dr. M. Van Genechten for the wonderful outcome. I am extremely satisfied with the collaboration with Face2Face Clinic! I felt very comfortable and received excellent guidance. I can definitely recommend Face2Face!
Jade van de WielFacial Feminization Surgery